Malaysia and coffee marketplace

by admin
 Malaysia and coffee marketplace

 Malaysia and coffee marketplace

Malaysia is a blend of colorful cultures and traditions. Most Malaysians prefer to drink the same traditional coffees or instant coffee at home or in Kopitiam on the street. Kopi means coffee in Malay, and Tiam means shop in Chinese. Basically, this word represents the multicultural and multicultural identity of the Malaysian people. This phrase is commonly used in Malaysia and Singapore. Traditional Malaysian copies are mostly the same as Chinese coffee shops. In Malay, traditional coffee shops are also called Kedai Kopi. According to 2007 figures, Malaysians consume an average of 18,000 tons of coffee a year. In this article, we are going to focus on Malaysia and coffee marketplace. Stay with us.

Traditional Malaysian coffee

The predominant culture of Malaysian coffee has remained intact for many years: Liberica and Robusta coffee beans are roasted in large metal containers and then cooled in a large steel basket. The coffee is then brewed using a cotton bag or cloth; The coffee is poured into a cloth bag that acts as a filter and soaked in hot water. Street vendors in Southeast Asian countries and copies of different cities serve coffee to their customers in the same way and with minor modifications. Coffee made in this way has a very heavy and concentrated aroma and taste; In such a way that this aroma and taste is well preserved even in combination with ice and milk. On the other hand, due to the combination of coffee beans with caramel sugar in the village, even black coffee brewed in this way has an inherently sweet taste, which is the most popular taste among Malaysians.

Coffee market

Per capita coffee consumption in Malaysia has risen from 0.68 kg in 2007 to 0.9 kg in 2009, which is a significant increase. Comparing this statistic with the per capita consumption of coffee in countries such as Finland (12 kg of coffee per person per year), Norway (9.9) and Iceland (9) shows the high potential of this country’s coffee market. Over the past 20 years, a significant increase in global trade and the growth of the Malaysian tourism industry and the abundant travel of tourists On the other hand, it has introduced the Malaysian coffee market to foreign coffee cultures as well as different ideas and methods of making coffee.

 Malaysia and coffee marketplace

The first Starbucks branch in Malaysia opened on December 17, 1998 in Kual Plaza, marking the beginning of the Malaysian middle class becoming familiar with other types of coffee, such as cappuccino and latte; Malaysians who used to know only instant coffee and their traditional black coffee. Starbucks now has 123 branches in various Malaysian cities and plays an undeniable role in reconciling coffee fugitives with this desirable beverage; The effect, however, is to indirectly create a market for other coffee shops.

Check out the Latest coffee tips on the coffeemag.ca : At what age can children drink coffee?

The Specialty Coffee market in Malaysia is limited but at the same time growing. [The term Specialty Coffee is often used in contrast to regular coffee served in traditional coffee shops or coffee shops.] Michael Wilson, manager of Artisan Roast Café in Kuala Lumpur, says: “Malaysians are very bigoted about their food and drink. Witness the large number of food blogs in this country. “This has created a good potential market for specialty coffee in Malaysia.”

Coffee bean production

Malaysia, with a population of 28 million (2010 census), produces about 27,000 tones of coffee beans per year (2009 census), making it the 27th largest coffee producer in the world. About 525 square kilometers of Malaysian farms are under coffee cultivation, with Liberica coffee beans grown in about 95% of these lands. In the remaining 5%, the Robusta species is mainly cultivated, and in a limited area, Arabica coffee is grown. In recent years, despite the increase in the price of coffee beans, many Malaysian coffee plantations have become palm forests. Importing raw coffee beans to Malaysia requires obtaining the necessary permits from the government of this country, and this issue poses many problems for coffee industry activists in Malaysia and coffee bean brewing and distribution companies. On the other hand, buying and selling raw coffee beans is prohibited in Malaysia, and specialty coffee shops can only sell roasted coffee to customers.

 Malaysia and coffee marketplace

 

You may also like

Leave a Comment