Who knew improving sexual performance could be so simple? A decent cup of coffee is all that is required. Furthermore, research backs up this claim. But be careful; you don’t need to consume gallons of coffee. A reasonable sum will suffice to improve your sex life. While we’re on the subject of cautionary notes, keep in mind that it takes anywhere from 15 to 2 hours for the caffeine in a cup of coffee to take effect. It’s not a miracle pill, so don’t anticipate an immediate boost in your sexual performance. Let’s know more about the relationship between coffee consumption and sexual life.
Coffee and Male Sexual Attraction
The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston revealed something unusual in a research published in PLOS ONE. Men who consume the caffeine equivalent of two to three cups of coffee per day are more likely to have trouble getting out of bed. Coffee can aid in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and helps men with their sexual performance. Coffee is beneficial to males as much as women. It has an effect on both men and women. Scientists have succeeded to establish the advantages of coffee on erectile dysfunction and the relationship between coffee and male sexual attraction, once again in Texas, this time at the University of Houston. Coffee, they discovered, enhances blood circulation and boosts testosterone levels. As a consequence, two to three cups of coffee per day might help men with erectile dysfunction. Why not have a coffee instead of a drink on a date?
Coffee and Female Sexual Attraction
Now, you know the relationship between coffee and male sexual attraction is positive. But what about women? Caffeine has been shown to put women in the mood for love, according to study. In a 2006 study of female rats, it was discovered that those given caffeine injections returned to the male rats for a second round of intercourse. They weren’t interested in mingling with other females since they were deliberately trying to mate again. “The female appears to manage the mating encounter,” says Fay Guarraci, Ph.D., an assistant professor of psychology at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. When a male and female rat are ready to mate, the female does all of the male’s gatekeeping.” So, there is no dout that there is a positive relationship between coffee and female sexual attraction.
The results of a research on the relationship between coffee consumption and sexual life
More study is required at this time to determine the effects of using coffee on sexual performance. This isn’t to say that coffee is inherently aphrodisiac. The participants who had never consumed caffeine seemed to be affected more than the others. If you’re a regular coffee drinker, it might not have the same effect on you.
- Males who drank between 85 and 170 mg of caffeine per day were 42 percent less likely to experience the effects of erectile dysfunction.
- Those who consumed somewhat more caffeine, between 171 and 303 mg, were just 39% less likely to have difficulty staying awake.
- Men with type 2 diabetes were the only ones who did not receive the advantages. Diabetes wreaks havoc on your blood sugar levels, putting a strain on your adrenal glands and perhaps affecting your hormones. When it comes to erectile dysfunction, diabetes is a significant contributor.
Guarraci’s study on sexual performance
When analyzing the relationship between coffee consumption and sexual life, the sexual experiences of rats and humans appear to be familiar. Their courting behavior is similar to how some people deal with courtship. Guarraci’s study is currently focused on determining the peculiarities of chemistry and brain anatomy for sexual performance in animals.
- According to the study, if you’re a woman who doesn’t consume a lot of coffee, you’re more likely to reap the benefits of increased sex desire.
- Having that human connection is a great thing, whether it’s cuddling up with a morning cup of coffee or being intimate with the one you love. More study is needed, but it appears that coffee may benefit males with erectile dysfunction and increase the sex desire of women who don’t use caffeine on a regular basis. Regardless, love who you’re with, savor that coffee, and treat each other well.