What are the Pros and Cons of coffee?
Coffee has been around for a long time, and some people find it harmful. It is believed that it causes some sexual problems and insanity. In fact, it can be said that coffee therapy is for fatigue and energy. In the following, we will mention the Pros and Cons of coffee of this popular drink.
Caffeine is one of the most widely used anti-stress and anti-energetic substances known around the world these days. And these substances are the most important part in making coffee that researchers have done a lot of research on these substances. And have gained extensive information about its benefits and effects on the body. But in general, coffee is a complex beverage with thousands of different ingredients.
According to some research, researchers claim that decaffeinated coffee may have the same effects as caffeinated coffee. And this indicates that the positive effects of coffee are related to other substances in coffee.
It should be noted that research on coffee and its ingredients is still ongoing, and the properties of these wonderful plants are being added to every day. Here are some Pros and Cons of coffee.
Some pros of coffee
1. Coffee boosts your physical function.
It is recommended to drink a cup of coffee 60 minutes before exercising to increase your physical function by 10 to 12 percent. The caffeine in coffee raises your adrenaline levels and prepares you for strenuous exercise.
2. Coffee makes you slim.
Coffee is also high in magnesium and potassium, which helps your body regulate blood sugar levels. And greatly reduce your appetite for sweets. Magnesium and potassium are very useful and functional substances in coffee.
3. Suitable options for fat burning
Caffeine helps the body’s cells burn body fat and actually increases metabolism during exercise.
4. Coffee is a good option for concentration and alertness
Eating an average of 1 to 5 cups of coffee a day will help you focus better. It also raises the awareness of your mind.
5. Coffee reduces the risk of cancer.
Some research has shown that coffee may reduce the risk of prostate cancer in men by 20 percent and the risk of endometrial cancer in women by 25 percent. In experiments on these people, on average, 4 cups of coffee are given per day. It should be noted that researchers have also developed theories about coffee preventing cell cancer (a type of skin cancer) that are currently being studied.
6. Coffee reduces the risk of stroke.
If you drink an average of 2 to 4 cups of coffee during the day, it will save you from the risk of heart attack.
7. Coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
According to some data, regular coffee consumption a day can reduce the risk of people with some diseases such as Parkinson’s disease by up to 25%.
8. Coffee protects your body.
As you know, coffee has a lot of antioxidants that act as defense cells in the body and protect your body against some free radicals.
Some cons of coffee
- Some substandard coffees, or expired ones, or poorly stored coffees may be poisonous and cause some ailments such as headaches and nausea.
- If you drink more than 80 to 100 cups of coffee during the day, it can kill you because this dose is quite deadly and enters the body 10 to 13 grams of caffeine. It is recommended that you try to raise the risk before your death becomes serious.
- Coffee can cause insomnia and restlessness, the maximum amount of coffee and caffeine you consume is 400 mg and this amount is approximately equal to 4 cups. Always try to get enough information about the right amount and time to eat coffee.
In fact, it can be said that the right and safe amount of caffeine for human consumption has been written in DNA.
- Pregnant women should not drink more than one cup of coffee during the day, recent studies show that coffee affects the fetus. But this is still a theory and has not yet been proven, but still advise pregnant women to be careful about the amount of coffee they consume.
If you are overweight and you can not stop drinking coffee during pregnancy. It is best not to drink more than one cup a day for the health of your fetus
- People who have very high cholesterol, it is better to use filtered coffee. Because coffee beans contain caffeine and aging. And these two substances, as it turns out, increase the level of LDL cholesterol.
Coffee filters trap most LDL, but cafestol and kahweol are mostly found in espresso, Turkish coffee, French coffee, and Scandinavian-style “brewed coffee.” Consumption of LDL from a cup of espresso coffee is low enough that it will not be dangerous for people with standard cholesterol levels.
- Coffee consumption in children may cause enuresis. And it is a theory that caffeine consumption has been shown to increase the risk of enuresis in children 5 to 7 years old.